Praying for America Day 10

'"Will you pass judgment against them, will you pass judgment, son of man? Explain the detestable practices of their fathers to them. Say to them: This is what the Lord God says: On the day I chose Israel, I swore and oath to the descendants of Jacob's house and made Myself known to them in the land of Egypt. I swore to them, saying: I am Yahweh your God. On that day I swore to them that I would bring them out of the land of Egypt into a land I had searched out for them, a land flowing with milk and honey, the most beautiful of all lands. I also said to them: Each of you must throw away the detestable things that are before your eyes and not defile yourselves with the idols of Egypt. I am Yahweh your God. But they rebelled against Me and were unwilling to listen to Me. None of them threw away the detestable things that were before their eyes, and they did not forsake the idols of Egypt. So I considered pouring out My wrath on them, exhausting My anger against them within the land of Egypt. But I acted because of My name, that it would not be profaned in the eyes of the nations they were living among, in whose sight I had made Myself known to Israel by bringing them out of Egypt. So I brought them out of the land of Egypt and led them into the wilderness. Then I gave them My statutes and explained My ordinances to them - as the person who does them will live by them. I also gave them My Sabbaths to serve as a sign between Me and them, so they will know that I am Yahweh who sets them apart as holy. But the house of Israel rebelled against Me in the wilderness. They did not follow My statutes and they rejected My ordinances - the person who does them will live by them. They also completely profaned My Sabbaths. So I considered pouring out My wrath on them in the wilderness to put an end to them. But I acted because of My name, so that it would not be profaned in the eyes of the nations in whose sight I had brought them out. However, I swore to them in the wilderness that I would not bring them into the land I had given them - the most beautiful of all lands, flowing with milk and honey - because they rejected My ordinances, profaned My Sabbaths, and did not follow My statutes. For their hearts went after their idols. But I spared them from destruction and did not bring them to an end in the wilderness. Then I said to their children in the wilderness: Don't follow the statutes of your fathers, defile yourselves with their idols, or keep their ordinances. I am Yahweh your God. Follow My statutes, keep My ordinances, and practice them. Keep My Sabbaths holy, and they will be a sign between Me and you, so you may know that I am Yahweh your God."'
Ezekiel 20: 4 - 20

Oh God, America, like Israel, is a rebellious nation. You have done so much for us, and we are rewarding You with stiff necks and hard hearts. I ask, Lord, that You would break our rebellious spirits. You say that rebellion is like the sin of divination, and defiance is like wickedness and idolatry (1 Sam. 15: 23) I ask that America's eyes would be open to see how detestable their self-centeredness and rebellion is. I pray for the young people of this country. I ask that, in spite of the sin and temptation that barrages us daily, we would grow up to be a holy and righteous generation. Please, Lord, show Christians how to live obedient, humble lives that bring glory and honor to Your Name. My God, the cry of my heart is to honor You. Please, all I ask is that You bring me to a place where I can lay myself aside and worship You with everything. I love You, I want You, I need You. My soul aches for You. I ask that You would foster that aching, that longing, not only in my heart, but also in the heart of each man, woman, and child in America. Draw them to You. Help them to see that You're all that really matters, and that they desperately need You.

Comments