Hem's Music is Wonderful...

...especially the lyrics‎!

'Me, I imagine places
That I have never seen -
The colored lights in fountains,
Blue and green
And I imagine places
That I will never go.
Behind these clouds that hang here,
Dark and low.'

'So we carry every sadness with us -
Every hour our hearts were broken,
Every night the fear and darkness
Lay down with us.
But I am holding half an acre
Torn from the map of Michigan.
I am carrying this scrap of paper
That can crack the darkest sky wide open -
Every burden taken from me,
Every night my heart unfolding...
My home'

'The starless night come fall around me
Over all we've left undone.
I know a light that shines forever
Howsoever we may run.'

'I'm a king at night
And a poor man in the morning
How will anybody know me?'

'Every mystery grows like a vine;
Reaching out to the sun for a while
And holding the soil
Forever and ever.'

See? Wonderful!

You should come listen to my Hem playlist on Spotify.

Comments