Making History

I love history. Why? Because it is a story. A story that stretches back through the centuries, and will continue on into endless time. I love the tales of the great men and women who shaped the course of events. But I wonder, how many of them actually stopped to reflect that they were making history? After all, history is something that happened a long time ago. We seldom reflect that we are living in it. What tales will be told of us a century from now? How will we have shaped the future? Each life that is lived changes the course of history. Though we may read of the great and the mighty, in reality it is the everyday people who make the story of the past, the present, and the future. So, how will I change history today? Tomorrow? How will my actions affect not only myself, but the generations to come? A sobering thought. An undertaking that is rather too large for a frail human to attempt. Which is why we follow a Master, who has it all figured out.

Comments

  1. Wise thoughts, and valuable to consider, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are deep thoughts! You write so poeticly; it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! You can comment using your Google, LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad or AIM account. If you don't have any of those, you can simply fill in one or both boxes on the Name/URL option. Feel free to leave me a link to your own blog or website - I'm always looking for more good things to read.