Mozambique

Well, a lot has changed in the few weeks since I last posted. My plans have shifted from possibly not going to Ivory Coast, to possibly going to Mexico, to leaving for Mozambique in 11 days. God has, indeed, kept His promise to give me direction. In the midst of scurrying around to get vaccinations, a visa, and safe malaria medicine, God has taught me some valuable lessons.

There was a point when it looked like my visa was not going to work out. I was faced with the possibility that I wasn't going to make it to Mozambique, after all. I started doubting and questioning. What if I hadn't done everything I was supposed to do? Should I have pursued my visa more aggressively? Was this all my fault? I brought all my concerns before God, and He patiently gave me answers, which I recorded in my journal.

Feb. 23
Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. Except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows; for so He giveth His beloved sleep.
Psalm 127: 1-2

Feb. 24
Same questions as yesterday.

What God said:
And let the peace of God rule your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body, and be ye thankful.
Col. 3:15

Thank you, God, for this situation and for what You'll teach me through it. Please help me to be peaceful.

Feb. 25
Still no visa, but I'm peaceful.

A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away.
Ecclesiastes 3:6

God asked, "Are you willing to lose?"

Yes, Lord, I'm willing to lose everything I have. I'm willing to lose my trip to Mozambique, the money I spent on plane tickets, my visa. You know what's best.

And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.
Col. 3:17

Not sure how this verse applies yet. It does talk about giving thanks, like yesterday's verse. I will give thanks.

P.S. Hours after I said I was willing to give up everything, I found out that I can get my visa when I fly into South Africa. Isn't God good?

People are always telling me 'you'll learn so much on the mission field.' Well, it seems to me that I'm learning a lot from the process of getting to the mission field! I wonder what I'll learn during my 2 months in Africa?

Comments