I Ponder and Wonder and Can Not Decide

I have been toying with the idea off and on for about a year. I want to give it a try, but I worry that it will just be a waste of time. I worry that I'm just being presumptuous - that an ordinary person like me is not really capable of writing anything worthy of publication. Yes, I want to try my hand at publishing some poetry. I know that my prose is not up to par, but what about the poetry? Of course, my poetry is totally unlike most of the verse that is published these days. It has a bit of an old-fashioned ring to it. Would that be a help or a hindrance? Would anyone enjoy reading it? I suppose there really is only one way of finding out, but I shrink away from taking that step. What if I poured a bunch of time and effort and possibly money into getting some poetry published, and then no-one cared to read it? What if it was just a great big loss? And how on earth would I even get started? So the quandary continues. I debate 'round and 'round with myself. One of these days I might actually come to a decision, and then I guess I'll find out for sure. 

Comments

  1. How would you feel about us writing some music to some of your poems? Another way to get your name out, anyway, although admittedly we're not very popular.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! You can comment using your Google, LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad or AIM account. If you don't have any of those, you can simply fill in one or both boxes on the Name/URL option. Feel free to leave me a link to your own blog or website - I'm always looking for more good things to read.