Praying for America Day 11

'And let us be concerned about one another in order to promote love and good works, not staying away from our worship meetings, as some habitually do, but encouraging each other, and all the more as you see the day drawing near.'
Hebrews 10: 24 - 25

'I (Jesus) pray not only for these (disciples), but also for all those who believe in Me through their message. May they all be one, as You, Father, are in Me and I am in You. May they also be one in Us, so the world may believe You sent Me. I have given them the glory You have given Me. May they be one as We are one. I am in them and You are in Me. May they be made completely one, so the world may know You have sent Me and have loved them as You have loved Me. Father, I desire those You have given Me to be with Me where I am. Then they will see My glory, which You have given Me because You loved Me before the world's foundation. Righteous Father! The world has not known You. However, I have known You, and these have known that You sent Me. I made Your name known to them and will make it known, so the love You have loved Me with may be in them and I may be in them.'
John 17: 20 - 26

'One who isolates himself pursues selfish desires; he rebels against all sound judgment.'
Proverbs 18: 1

'A gossip's words are like choice food that goes down to one's innermost being.'
Proverbs 18: 8

Lord, please don't let the church become a body of loners, 'rugged individualists', and legalists. Help us to squelch gossip, pride, bitterness,competition, and the other things that keep us from being one, even as You and Your Son are one. I am sorry, Lord, for the many times I have contributed to a spirit of disunity among my family in Christ. I ask that You would heal our fragmented assemblies, denominations, and hearts so that, together, we can be a glorious witness for You.






Comments