Women's Service: Remembering What I Love


I originally joined the media team as a photographer. 

And then I learned how to shoot and edit video, and how to arrange cables and projectors and slide shows, and the whole photography thing kind of got left behind in the dust kicked up by more important concerns. 

When I got asked to go to the special women's service to shoot photos, I actually stared blankly at the camera for a couple seconds, trying to remember what all those buttons do. It'd been a while.

I think it's good for a person to quit doing familiar things in order to learn something new, or to leave behind the things one likes to do in favor of doing what needs to be done.

But it's also nice to go back every once in awhile and remind yourself of the reason why you love the things you do. 

As I wandered around the church, jostling for good angles and better lighting, trying to capture the spirit and the atmosphere, I could almost feel my soul letting out a huge sigh of relief. Ahh, yes. This is what you're good at.  

The quality of these photos definitely reflects my too-long hiatus from serious photography with a 'real' camera, but they made me happy on the inside, so I thought I might as well share. 














































































Comments

  1. Lovely, Janie. I almost think I recognize one or maybe two people! So happy for the time I could spend there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you do recognize at least some of the people from the worship team. People here still talk about you from time to time...especially your doughnuts.

      Delete
  2. I like the atmosphere these photos capture; it's so sincere and beautiful. Thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you have to say! You can comment using your Google, LiveJournal, WordPress, TypePad or AIM account. If you don't have any of those, you can simply fill in one or both boxes on the Name/URL option. Feel free to leave me a link to your own blog or website - I'm always looking for more good things to read.